Updated: Aug 13, 2019
1. You will always be prepared for a hungry baby as you can feed anywhere, anytime with no preparation.
2. The flavour of breast milk changes as your food intake changes, introducing babies to a range of tastes, preparing them for solid foods.
3. It helps baby’s immune systems, giving babies natural antibodies which help fight infections.
4. Breast milk changes as your baby grows to provide them with what they need.
5. It’s free.
6. Your supply quantity will increase and decrease in response to your baby’s changing needs.
7. It’s an excellent time to bond with your baby, feeding skin to skin.
8. Breastfeeding can be used as a comfort, any time or place.
9. Breast milk will always be at the correct temperature for your baby.
10. Breast milk is easier to digest than formula milk and full of vitamins and nutrition, breastfed babies have less bouts of gas, constipation and diarrhoea.
11. It reduces the risk of SIDS and childhood leukaemia, especially when babies are breastfed exclusively for 6 months.
12. Breastfeeding reduces the risk of allergies, diabetes, obesity and asthma for your baby.
13. It protects the mother's health and lowers your risk of contracting many diseases and cancers.
14. It helps your uterus go back down to size, quicker than if you don’t.
15. Breastfeeding burns off calories and helps you to lose weight.
Bristol Antenatal Course
Find out more about breastfeeding positions, tips, problem solving and winding strategies in a Swaddling To Toddling antenatal course. Enjoy these antenatal classes in Bristol and feel confident about seeing if breastfeeding works for you. Book online now to discover the mysterious world of breastfeeding.