Updated: Aug 13, 2019
1. You can feed anywhere and not feel uncomfortable, especially if you are worried about feeding in public.
2. It will be more obvious how much your baby has drunk which will be helpful as you might have a better idea if they are full or just windy.
3. Formula includes essential vitamins such as vitamin D which is needed from birth and iron which your baby will need from 17 weeks as their iron stores from birth will be running low.
4. You can share responsibility with a partner or grandparents and therefore possibly get more sleep at night or rest in the day. You can also sometimes return to work easier and earlier as you know your baby can feed confidently without you.
5. You can take medication without worrying, so you can take care of yourself if you need to.
6. You can drink alcohol if you want to without worry of it affecting your baby, although drinking alcohol is linked to a higher chance of SIDS.
7. You can drink/eat caffeine without worrying about it keeping your baby awake.
8. It might be the best method for you to keep your baby happy, healthy and growing.
9. You could spend more time with an older child or your partner.
10. You don’t have to worry about being successful at breastfeeding.
11. You are less likely to have sore nipples, blocked ducts, mastitis or other common breastfeeding side effects.
12. You will feel happy if it is the right choice for you = happy baby.
13. You can still spend special time with your baby, however you feed your baby, it is always a great time to bond.
14. It can save time, as formula takes longer to digest so babies need to eat less often.
15. You can eat as much fish as you like because you don’t have to worry about the mercury levels of your diet affecting your baby.
Swaddling To Toddling Antenatal Course
Practise making formula and find out which feeding positions often work best at Swaddling To Toddling antenatal classes in Bristol. Discover how to use a subtle routine to feed baby to minimise crying and reduce sleepless nights, whilst following baby's hungry cues. Book now to feel confident and prepared in your pregnancy and supported for the first few years with your new family.